Friday, March 9, 2018

Kid Presidents

Kid Presidents: True Tales of Childhood from America's PresidentsGoodreads Says:    The kids who grew up to be president were like a lot of other children. Some struggled with schoolwork and got into fights; others pranked their teachers and infuriated their parents. William Howard Taft was forced to take dance lessons. Gerald Ford struggled with dyslexia. Teddy Roosevelt had a bedroom "museum" full of dead animals. "Kid Presidents" features 20 captivating true stories from the childhoods of American presidents, complete with lively text and more than 200 cartoon illustrations. Laugh-out-loud funny and packed with cool facts, it's the perfect read for all young future leaders of the free world.







My Thoughts:

-    I read this for President's Day, and it was really fun.

-    I loved the opening of the book. They made fun of the Washington and the cherry tree fable. It was SO funny.

-    I enjoyed learning something new about each of our presidents. The book covers everyone up to Obama. 

-    It was weird to think of these men as little kids, but it was also enlightening to see where they came from and what it is like to be a kid in their time. 

-    The illustrations were really great and fun. I loved the style and what was depicted. 

-    I think a lot of kids could benefit from this book when they are learning about he US Presidents.

Other Kid Legends Books

34013560

2 comments:

  1. I like the idea of these books. Glad to hear the execution is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it would be fun to read about the presidents and where they came from. I might have to check these out.

    ReplyDelete