Friday, November 17, 2017

The Siege of Macindaw

6070896Goodreads Says:    The kingdom is in danger. Renegade knight Sir Keren has succeeded in overtaking Castle Macindaw and is now conspiring with the Scotti. The fate of Araluen rests in the hands of two young adventurers: the Ranger Will and his warrior friend, Horace. Yet for Will, the stakes are even higher. For inside the castle, someone he loves is being held hostage. And now the time has come for this onetime apprentice to grow up.










My Thoughts:

-    I love this series! I can't say enough about it. 

-    I enjoyed the growing relationship between Will and Alyss. I wish they were able to interact more.

-    I'm so happy that Horace joined Will in this one. I liked that Will had a trusted friend by his side, and I loved the dialogue between Will and Horace when they were hashing out battle plans. 

-    I love that this is a fantasy book that uses science instead of sorcery. Will and his friend are able to use parlor tricks and science to convince the simple folk that there is sorcery going on, and I love when they use their tricks to scare people. 

-    The battle to take back Macindaw and save Alyss was fun. I loved all the different strategies and things. 

-    The end of this book just left me with a bug smile on face.


Previous Ranger's Apprentice Books

60400  127823
144350 2865228

3 comments:

  1. Is there any of this series that was a disappointment?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep hearing all the good things about this series. Glad it's so enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete